50 Words or Less

The Callaway Big Bertha B21 fairway woods is the easiest-to-launch fairway wood that I've ever hit.  Excellent brawl speed.  Not equally draw biased equally expected.  Unusual look at address.

Introduction

The Big Bertha name has been role of Callaway Golf for a long time.  At times it's been assigned to clubs for better players, but for the B21 line, it's back on clubs designed for players who want some help hit the ball straighter, further, and more consistently.  As someone who could use help in those areas when information technology comes to fairway woods, I was very eager to examination the Big Bertha B21.

Looks

The Callaway Large Bertha B21 fairway forest stands out in its appearance at accost.  What I first noticed is the offset.  Information technology doesn't take the wild gooseneck of yesteryear's offset fairway wood, but it is noticeable.  The other affair that really caught my eye is how shallow the face up is.  I can't retrieve of another fairway wood with a face up that's this slim.

In addition to the shape, the B21 fairway wood has a nighttime blue crown with Callaway'due south signature fade to carbon cobweb.  In that location's too a thin red stripe on either side of the chevron alignment aid.  Finally, Large Bertha branding appears on the dorsum edge of the crown.

In the bag, the Large Bertha B21 has a bold appearance that had me thinking back to some of the Big Bertha offerings from the mid-2010's.  The sole is navy bluish with cherry-red accents and a large patch of metallic grey through the middle.  Callaway's Jailbreak Technology is visible on the sole, as is a weight at the rear of the head.

Sound & Feel

Striking a good shot with the Big Bertha B21 fairway woods produces a high pitched metallic "clink" with slightly to a higher place average volume.  It's a pronounced version of what I consider a prototypical fairway forest sound, and it was a wonderful reward for making a good swing.

Feedback from the B21 fairway wood was amend than I expected.  Missing the heart of the face dulls the audio noticeably, and you tin can easily feel mishits in your hands.

Operation

I accept never hit a fairway wood that is this like shooting fish in a barrel to launch.  Total terminate.  If, similar me, you struggle with fairway woods because you don't launch them high enough or consistently plenty, go try the Big Bertha B21 fairway wood right now.  Thank me later.

When I outset set down the B21 fairway wood, I thought, "This confront is super shallow.  I promise it delivers on being easy to launch."  And it did. Information technology launches loftier, it launches easily, and it launches consistently. My thin shots were launching at over x degrees.  I launched a couple shots at 16 degrees.  It was so far from the norm for me that I really fabricated a note to check the loft, which was actually 15 degrees.

Launch isn't the only story hither.  Thank you to AI-designed Flash Face and Jailbreak Technology, the B21 fairway wood is also really fast.  Smash factors of 1.v were non unusual during my testing.

The other thing that Callaway is touting with the Big Bertha B21 is the slice-busting.  This is the 1 affair that made me nervous because I hate hitting hooks.  I was surprised to find that, despite the first, the B21 doesn't actually want to hook.  Yep, my dispersion was a little more left than normal, but it was very playable.  My shots went straight or drew, which is a combination I tin certainly live with in a fairway woods.

Finally, if you're debating between the MAVRIK MAX and the Large Bertha B21, Callaway has a useful chart comparison their two most forgiving fairway woods.  To summarize, the Big Bertha B21 fairway wood has more than offset, higher launch, a shallower face, and more than forgiveness. The MAVRIK MAX is easy to hit; the Big Bertha B21 practically swings itself.

Conclusion

Virtually every social club that'south released these days comes with big promises, but few deliver on them similar the Callaway Big Bertha B21 fairway woods.  This club makes the long game so much easier cheers to its high, easy launch and a petty help in keeping the brawl from slicing.  If you've sworn off fairway woods, give this i a try, you won't regret it.

Visit Callaway Golf game HERE

Callaway Big Bertha B21 Fairway Wood Cost & Specs

The following ii tabs alter content below.

Matt is the Founder and Editor in Chief of Plugged In Golf. He's worked in about every task in the golf manufacture from club fitting to pedagogy to writing and speaking. Matt lives in the northwest suburbs of Chicago with his married woman and two daughters.